Muslim Community School of Health Technology is founded by the Muslim Students Society Funtua Area Council in 1999 as an affiliate to the Islamiyya Foundation School of Health Technology, Kaduna. It is an advancement/upgrade to the Nursing Auxiliary training Prograamme earlier started and run by the M.S.S.N, between 1996 to 1999. The School was first accredited provisionally by the Community Health Practitioners Registration Board of Nigeria to train Female Certificate Holders in Community Health in the year 2000. The initial temporary site of the school was family support clinic and later the Girls Vocational Training Centre of Jama'atu Izalatul Bid'ah Wa'ikamatul Sunnah. The School relocated to its permanent site after being donated by Funtua Local Government Council in 2003 which is located along Sokoto road behind General Hospital Funtua.
How College got its start
In 2003 Diploma in Community Health was introduced in conjunction with Diploma in Environmental Health, which ware affiliated to Shehu Idris College of Health Science and Technology Makarfi. In addition to the initial Certificate Course. Diploma & Certificate in Environmental Health were also introduced in the same year. The affiliation lasted for 10 years until the recent approval of West African Health Examination Board (WAHEB) for an examination Centre in 2014 Examinations.
- Founded in 1999
- Located in Funtua, Katsina State, Nigeria
- Accredited by the Association of Schools (ATS) in the Nigeria
- Affiliated with the University of British Columbia (UBC)
- Part of the consortium of schools on the UBC campus
- Four distinct unde-graduate degree programs
- 22 full-time faculty members
- 40+ part-time, emeritus, sessional, and visiting faculty members
- 1200 full- and part-time students from 60 countries
- More than 6,000 graduates and 19,000 former students worldwide